A 3D printer is available for library users to make three-dimensional objects using a design that is uploaded from a digital computer file.
- The 3D printer may be used only for lawful purposes. Library users may not create material that is:
- Prohibited by local, state or federal law.
- Unsafe, harmful, dangerous or poses an immediate threat to the well-being of others.
- Obscene or otherwise inappropriate for the library environment.
- In violation of another’s intellectual property rights. By submitting content, the patron agrees to assume all responsibility for, and shall hold the Library harmless in, all matters related to patented, trademarked or copyrighted materials.
- Regulated or requires a license to use or carry.
- The Library reserves the right to deny a 3D print request.
- The Library is not responsible for any damage, loss or security of data arising from the use of its computers or network, nor for the functionality or quality of content produced on the 3D printer.
- Only designated Library staff will have hands-on access to the 3D printer.
- The library reserves the right to charge a fee for printing.
- Library users are allowed one print job per day.
- Completion times cannot be guaranteed. Staff will notify the patron when the job is complete.
- Items must be picked up by the individual who submitted the request.
- All files will be deleted from the library computer system once the print job has been completed.
- Any 3D drafting software may be used to create a design. Acceptable file formats are: STL, 3MF and OBJ file formats.
- Digital designs are also available from various file-sharing databases such as Thingiverse.com.
- Assistance can be provided at the library using Tinker Cad (on-line design software) or downloading a design. Call ahead if you need this service.
Submitting a Design:
- Bring file in STL, 3MF or OBJ file formats file format -no larger than 25MB) to the Circulation Desk during open hours. The file can either be submitted on a flash drive or SD Card.
Designs will be printed in the order received.
Claiming a Completed Item:
- The library user will be notified when their completed item is ready to be picked up.
- Items may be picked up at the Circulation Desk during regular library hours.
- Items not picked up within 7 days will become property of the library.